Now Hiring: Posted April 5, 2021
At The David James Agency, we know that clear communication is the difference between successful marketing programs and lackluster results. We make it our business to provide the clarity of message our clients need to inspire action.
As demand for our expertise increases, so does our need to expand the DJA team. In particular, we are looking for our next Technology Writer. You might be that person if you have a penchant for technology, the ability to understand and transform complex concepts into compelling narratives, and a track-record of 5 to 6 years as a B2B technology marketing writer. Sound like you? Then keep reading.
Who We’re Looking For
DJA partners with B2B technology companies large and small to amplify their communication efforts. We service a wide variety of technology companies in wireless, semiconductor, telecommunications, networking, software, computing, power, and other technology industries.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic wordsmith who can turn stodgy subjects into engaging, informative stories for our clients. We need someone who knows how to collect and distill raw data from multiple sources—reports, research, interviews—then craft impactful blogs, whitepapers, solution briefs and feature articles that help drive marketing initiatives. Our new Technology Writer will be eager to learn and write about cutting-edge telecom and networking technologies, will actively collaborate with teammates to maintain the highest DJA standards, and will provide oversite of select accounts.
This position will be an addition to DJA’s recently opened Northern Virginia operations, but the selected candidate will work remotely during COVID restrictions.
- Research and write technology marketing documents including press releases, whitepapers, web content, blog posts, contributed articles and related content, with an emphasis on grammatical and content accuracy and flair
- Conduct interviews with client contacts, with emphasis on asking the right questions and listening in order to isolate and develop the most compelling stories
- Maintain a consistent voice across client documents and demonstrate mastery of AP or client style guidelines
- Learn complex client technologies and demonstrate an understanding of customer applications for those technologies
- Proof and edit documents written by colleagues or clients
- Interact with client and client customers in conference calls or face-to-face meetings
- Bring your great ideas to creative and strategic brainstorming and development meetings, and help implement communication plans for agency clients
- Maintain personal productivity and account administration
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related field; master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated writing and public relations/marketing achievements within the technology industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (demonstrated with portfolio and writing exam)
- Ability to learn complex concepts quickly and explain them in simple, concise terms
- Experience working under tight editorial deadlines
- Team player, resourceful and able to take the lead on relevant projects
- Self-starter and creative thinker
- Competitive salary
- Work from home technology
- Attractive healthcare benefits
- Paid vacations and holidays
- A dynamic, challenging and professional work environment, with hands-on opportunities and direct access to senior management
Resumes and other information from applicants will be considered active for a period of 90 days from the date of this posting. Only active resumes and applications will be considered for any future openings.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please no phone calls.