The David James Agency, LLC is a technology public relations and social media agency in Thousand Oaks, CA, specializing in start-up and emerging technology companies. Our mission is to be a trusted partner with our clients to help them advance their business goals through the use of communications. DJA provides strategic communications consulting to a wide variety of technology companies in wireless, semiconductor, telecommunications, networking, software, computing, power, and other technology industries.
DJA is seeking a Technology Writer/Account Executive to add to its communications team. This person will provide writing and editing for DJA telecom and networking clients, as well as oversight of select accounts.
- Research and write technology marketing documents including press releases, whitepapers, web content, blog posts, contributed articles and related communications content, with an emphasis on grammatical accuracy and flair
- Maintain a consistent voice across client documents and demonstrate mastery of AP or client style guidelines
- Learn complex client technologies and demonstrate an understanding of customer applications for those technologies
- Proof and edit documents written by colleagues or clients
- Interact with client and client customers in conference calls or face-to-face meetings
- Create and manage client project lists as necessary.
- Participate in creative and strategic brainstorming, development and implementation of communications plans for agency clients
- Manage client programs and client relations for select accounts, and direct the work of others on the team
- Some media relations outreach and reporting, to include research of speaking opportunities, award nominations and product evaluations
- Maintain personal productivity and account administration
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related field; master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated writing and public relations/marketing achievements within the technology industry
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (demonstrated with portfolio and writing exam)
- Ability to learn complex concepts quickly and explain them in simple, concise terms
- Experience working under tight editorial deadlines
- Team player, resourceful and able to take the lead on relevant projects
- Self-starter and creative thinker
- Competitive salary
- Attractive healthcare benefits
- Paid vacations and holidays
- A fun, challenging and professional work environment, with hands-on opportunities and direct access to senior management
Resumes and other information from applicants will be considered active for a period of 90 days from the date of this posting. Only active resumes and applications will be considered for any future openings.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.