Now Hiring: Posted June 24, 2021
Successful marketing programs demand clear communications. At The David James Agency, we make it our business to provide the clarity of message our clients need to inspire action.
As demand for our expertise increases, so does our need to expand the DJA team. In particular, we are looking for our next Senior Account Executive. You might be that person if you have a penchant for technology, the ability to understand and transform complex concepts into compelling narratives, and an eagerness to apply proven public relations and communication skills to the dynamic B2B technology market. Sound like you? Then keep reading.
Who We’re Looking For
DJA partners with B2B technology companies large and small to amplify their communication efforts. We service a wide variety of technology companies in wireless, semiconductor, telecommunications, networking, software, computing, power, and other technology industries.
We’re looking for a candidate who has been well trained in the fundamentals of impactful public relations and has 3 to 5 years of experience writing about cutting-edge technologies. This individual will be a self-starter, a creative and resourceful solution finder, a precise time manager, and someone who enjoys working collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently.
The selected candidate will work closely with senior DJA management to coordinate and deliver key public relations strategies for multiple business-to-business high-tech clients in a variety of disciplines. This position will be an addition to the DJA’s recently opened Northern Virginia operations.
- Coordinate media relations for several clients simultaneously
- Foster ongoing relationships with media and analysts
- Develop and maintain editorial calendars, including pitching and placing story ideas
- Write, edit and distribute client media materials, including press releases, blog content, byline articles, fact sheets, white papers, case histories, reports, etc.
- Develop social media content and strategies for B2B clients and develop and implement strategies to build followership
- Monitor media coverage, including preparation and distribution of clipping reports
- Research and pursue speaking opportunities, award nominations and product evaluations on behalf of agency clients
- Work with and on occasion manage other team members, independent contractors and interns
- Be responsible for personal productivity and contribute to account administration
- May perform special assignments or participate in other client service tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field
- 3 to 5 years of public relations/marketing experience; tech PR a plus
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Ability to learn complex concepts quickly and explain them in simple, concise terms
- Ability to work under tight editorial deadlines
- A team player, resourceful and able to take the lead on relevant projects
- A self-starter and creative thinker
- Ability to work independently to promote the general business goals of the Agency
- Proficiency using computer and general business applications
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid vacations and holidays
- A fun and challenging work environment, with hands-on opportunities and direct access to senior management
Resumes and other information from applicants will be considered active for a period of 90 days from the date of this posting. Only active resumes and applications will be considered for any future openings.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].