The remaining days of 2016 are flying by – it’s almost 2017, which means it’s time to think about how to get more customer awareness, get more customer preference and get more sales in the new year.
PR/earned media is a critical element of any marketing initiative for the new year, bringing awareness, credibility and thought leadership to your marketing efforts.
Here are five PR strategies to consider in 2017:
- Thought Leadership: Building customer trust is very important today; Include whitepapers, articles, videos and infographics to your plan to help earn customer trust.
- Be Active in Audience Building: To make social media, blogging and your website important marketing tools, you need to have an audience. Use ongoing community engagement and a sponsored social media campaign to bring more people to your sites.
- Events Are In: Event strategies can help your message really break through the noise. For example, speaking at tradeshows pays off in short-term leads and long-term company respect. And creating your own event, webinar, contest can elevate awareness and engagement.
- Influencers bring credibility: Who do your customers turn to for advice? Add industry analysts, industry bloggers or trendsetters to your earned media plan to build advocates for your company among the people that your customers trust.
- Don’t Forget the Media Relations: The press release is not dead, nor is the media outreach campaign that builds relationships with editors that leads to press coverage. Use these tools when you have a new product, partnership, or other news of interest to your prospects.
Is this all that needs to happen? No, there's more. But whether you are building on a successful program or starting from scratch, it will pay to evaluate just how you are doing with regards to these five items. Good luck!